Since starting the new blog I realized I haven’t been sharing how I’m doing with my resolutions. Here’s where I am:
Short Term Goals:
Sign Coco up for ballet lessons Done!
Sign myself up for tennis lessons Done! 🙂
Put $1000 in emergency fund – Done!
Pay off Amex – Done!
Pay my Mom back – Done!
Create some weekly family rituals – Done!
Create 3 photo books of important events Done!
Lose 10 pounds Done! …but then I gained it back!
9. Back up all photos in two or more places – backed up thru March 2012 on a hard drive
Read camera manual Done!
11. Make Coco’s lifebook
12. Pay Visa $10,000 – paid $7900
13. Complete a 30-Day Paleo Challenge
Take Coco to (Hong Kong) Disneyland – Done! (though it was Orlando)
15. Teach Coco how to spell and write her name, count to 20 orally and count to 10 with 1:1 correspondence –She always skips 15! She still can’t spell her name consistently and I haven’t worked with her on 1:1 correspondence much.
1. Reduce sugar, flour, caffeine, and processed foods – did terribly! 😦
2. Make working out a habit (yoga, tapes, tennis and/or kettlebells) –boo! 😦
3. Be asleep by 10 pm – terrible!! 😦
4. Post a photo for every day of 2012 at www.coconutphoto.wordpress.com and 2x week or more on Joy and Coconut – stopped photo blog, ok with this one
5. Eat some form of coconut or ACV daily – off track (I blame the States 😦 )
Being in the States made all health-related goals next to impossible. Hope to get on track now that we are back home. I realize that these are a lot to keep track of so my main goals that I am focusing on are getting more sleep and working out. Tennis lessons have started (well I had one) and it was great. After one private lesson I found my swing had already improved -both forehand and backhand actually. The sleep is the harder part. I like my alone time after Coco has gone to bed so I don’t go to bed early and then nearly every night she wakes me up getting into my bed in the middle of the night and I have the hardest time falling back asleep. Since our new landlord delivered the TV I am using it as a
bribe reward. I told Coco if she wakes me up in the night there is no TV the next day. If she doesn’t she can watch 30 minutes each night. We don’t have cable so this will be limited to a short DVD like Elmo which I am totally fine with. We’ll see how it goes!